free case evaluation
Las Vegas Strip Closed After Motorcyclist Hit in Construction Zone
April 27, 2023 | Motorcycle Accident
Motorcyclist Hit in Construction Zone on Las Vegas Strip
Las Vegas, NV (April 27, 2023) – An investigation is underway following a motorcycle crash that occurred on Monday night around 9:45 pm on Las Vegas Boulevard at Flamingo Road. The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department reported that the motorcyclist was traveling in a restricted construction zone east of Flamingo, just west of the Boulevard when he collided with a vehicle attempting to turn south on the Boulevard. The crash left the motorcyclist with a broken arm, as confirmed by the police on the scene.
As a result of the crash, all southbound lanes on Las Vegas Boulevard have been blocked off, according to the Regional Transportation Commission (RTC). Commuters have been advised to find alternate routes until the scene is cleared.
Las Vegas police have urged drivers to be extra cautious when traveling through construction zones, especially since these areas are known to be hazardous due to limited visibility, uneven road surfaces, and unpredictable traffic patterns. In this case, the restricted construction zone may have contributed to the accident.
Things To Consider When Riding A Motorcycle Near A Construction Zone On The Las Vegas Strip
When riding around a construction zone on a major boulevard, safety should be your top priority. Here are some tips that can help:
- Slow down: Reduce your speed when approaching a construction zone. This gives you more time to react to any unexpected obstacles or hazards.
- Follow signage and signals: Pay attention to any signage or signals that are posted in the construction zone. They will provide information on the appropriate speed limit, lane closures, and other important information.
- Stay in your lane: Avoid changing lanes in a construction zone unless it is absolutely necessary. This helps to reduce the risk of accidents and also ensures that you stay on the designated path.
- Keep a safe distance: Leave a safe distance between your bike and the vehicle in front of you. This provides you with enough time to react to any sudden stops or obstacles.
- Be aware of workers: Be aware of any workers who may be present in the construction zone. Slow down and give them plenty of room to work safely.
- Use lights and reflective clothing: Use lights and wear reflective clothing to make yourself more visible to other road users, especially in low-light conditions.
- Stay alert: Keep your eyes on the road, watch for debris or loose gravel, and stay alert to any sudden changes in the road conditions.
By following these tips, you can navigate a construction zone safely and minimize the risk of accidents or injuries.
Hire a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Near the Las Vegas Strip
We will provide you with the best legal representation and guidance that you need. Our offices are conveniently located throughout Nevada and we conduct regular travels in the region to meet with clients. Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer today.
Recent Motorcycle Accident News in Las Vegas
Legal Expert, Robert Koenig, has been practicing law for over 30 years. His desire to help more people in their time of need has caused him to expand across three states (California, Nevada, and Colorado) to bring his talent to as many people as possible. During which time he has collected OVER $150,000,000 in personal injury and car accident claims. Robert has been a ruthless fighter, going after insurance companies to get his clients the highest settlement available.
Pepperdine University School of Law
JD – Juris Doctor
University of California – Los Angeles
BA – Bachelor of Arts